Conversions are a common problem with online sales: you can drive leads (traffic) to your site, but you can’t convert them to sales. This leaves you wondering what’s going on, what are you doing wrong, or if there is something wrong with the product or service you are trying to sell. Chances are, there isn’t anything wrong with your product or service; rather, there is a problem with your site and its lead conversion optimization. Optimizing your website for conversion is also much easier to do with a WordPress Website.
Here are 5 tricks to generate more leads from your website and to help you optimize conversions on your leads.
1. Make sure you have a visible and clickable phone number on your mobile site. This is crucial, because at least 80% of the consumers in your market are using their smartphones to shop. When someone shops online using their smartphone, they are 70% likely to take some sort of online action within an hour, so you want to make sure they are able to take action on your product or service. Having a visible and clickable phone number means they can just click or tap the number, and call you to place their order!
2. Remove any unnecessary opt-in fields. No-Risk SEO was able to improve their client conversion by 60.18% by removing opt-in fields that weren’t necessary. People don’t want to fill out a bunch of fields to get information about your product; they want to do as little as possible and get as much information as possible. By removing fields you really don’t need, you will ensure your shoppers are more likely to convert from leads to sales.
3. Have your opt-in form on the landing page, rather than a Call To Action that leads to an opt-in form. If you really want to have your customers opt in to your service or product, make it as easy for them as possible. Every click is a barrier to converting a lead to a sale, so you want to remove as many barriers as you can.
4. Have Testimonials “Above the Fold”. More than 70% of Americans have stated that they look for product reviews before they make a purchase, and nearly 63% of consumers indicate that they are more likely to purchase from a website with product reviews and ratings. Have your testimonials near the top of your site, so people can readily see how great your product is.
5. The More Landing Pages the Better. In a survey of 4,000 lead generation businesses, those businesses with 31 to 40 landing pages generated seven times more leads than those with only 1 to 5 landing pages. Businesses with more than 40 landing pages? Those businesses generated twelve times more sales than businesses with only 1 to 5 landing pages.
These 5 tricks to generate more leads from your website will help you convert your leads into sales, meaning more profit for you. Ignoring these five basics can mean the difference between someone just visiting your site and someone visiting your site and then making a purchase. Remember, too, that you have no more than 8 seconds to grab your consumer’s attention and compel them to purchase your service—after an average of 8 seconds, most visitors will leave a site and move on to another one.
Please leave a comment below if you have any other important tips to generate more leads from a website.